Five short (based on an interview done by Høgskolevisa, nov.2012)
- What other profession would you rather have?
- A job in the National Criminal Investigation Service (Kriops). I'm curious about what goes on behind people’s facade. I worked a bit with Kripos through "Project Getting Involved" at Nesna University College, and found their work very interesting.
- What hobbies do you have?
- Gardening and practical work on the house, and additionally both my wife and me have a fascination for film and TV series from the 60ies - and 70ies. I used to do dog sledding in my younger days, and I am also an old mountaineer and still a proud member of KTS. Recently my wife and I have taken up horse riding.
- What are you reading?
- I'm almost omnivorous, but I have a preference for political and military biographies. At the moment I'm reading "The Graveyard" by Marek Hłasko. And I have his "All backs were turned" and "Killing the second dog" on the "soon to read next-list". As for political and military biographies two of my favourites are Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris K. Goodwin, and "Unvanquished: Joseph Pilsudski, Resurrected Poland, and the Struggle for Eastern Europe" by Peter Hetherington. But I have to say that I also enjoy good old "pulp fiction" from the 60- and 70ies.
- Favourite Holiday?
- That would be strolling along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice with my wife, or enjoying good food and wine in Dubrovnik. I also feel quite at home in Oxford.
- What do you prefer on TV?
I thoroughly enjoy British series such as "Downtown Abby", The Forsyte Saga (2002), Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (1979) and Smileys People (1982). "The House of Cards trilogy" has a dark view of British politics and is another favourite. I'm also a big fan of western movies, British crime and Polish comedies of the 70ies. A part from that it's CNN, BBC News, Sky News, Al Jazeera and France 24.